
Good day my little love. You are off to a banner start! You love to eat, poop, cry, and sleep! In baby terms, that means all is well!
It might be interesting to note that, since your birth (and quite by coincidence), everything I have been seeing and reading has been about parenthood. In fact, I walked into the library yesterday and the first thing I saw was a pamphlet about reading with your baby. Of course, I picked it up and even picked up some of the books that were suggested. Did you KNOW that babies like you really like high-contrast images and melodic tones? Well you DO! And now we have some books that have those things in them.
Now, to be fair, you aren't paying much attention to the books. You mostly just suck your finger and look around. But you do seem to like when Mommy and I sing Mother Goose nursery rhymes to you. You even snuggled your ear closer to my chest as we sang to you tonight...it must be easier to feel the vibrations in my chest than to make out the clamor of our voices.
It might also be interesting to note that you are already smiling and communicating with us. You can't really smile properly yet, but you sure try. Like me, you seem happiest just after you have eaten or slept. Also, you make a lot of different faces that we are gleefully mimicking for you to see.
Your eyes are blue and your hair is red-gold. Your mood is generally happy and you are very content unless you are hungry (which is fairly regularly). At all other times, you are pretty blissed out and even a bit floppy in your relaxation. I would be alarmed by this except for the fact that I used to be exactly the same and would be still if anyone could pick ME up and carry me around between feedings.
I'm sorry this is a hodgepodge of tales. I have heard all my family and friends talk about how they regretted missing out on all these little things when their kids were just little. The little things, they have said to me, all went by so quickly and they didn't always take the time to appreciate them. Well, for me, I have one more day before I go back to work and I am happy to say that your mother and I have barely been able to take our eyes off of you. I am happy to say that we are just taking each moment we can to enjoy every little face you make and every little peep that escapes your mouth. We delight in the brief moments of recognition when your eyes and ours meet. We even delight in your cries and your dirty diapers (though I am sure the delight will give way to other feelings soon). In short, we are savoring each of these little moments with you because they are each unique and too brief.
We love you with all our hearts and are so glad to finally meet you. Goodnight our gorgeous little lady.
Love,
Dad

1 comments:
Beautiful!!! And......sorry to burst your bubble but at that age, a smile means "gas"...lol Love you three so much.
Post a Comment