Which brings me to the other thing: gifts. This blog is intended to be a lifelong gift from me to you. In a way, it's the best thing I can give because it keeps on going for as long as I have time to write down my silly little thoughts. From your point of view, however, this blog ends with its first entry...so it's kind of like a way for you to travel through time to the beginning of your life and the beginning of my life with you. As I write this I am hoping that you will use this list of posts as a way to know the things you just can't ask me at the moment...to know the depth and the breadth of my love for you and a little bit about me as a person (we sometimes have a hard time seeing our parents as people independent of ourselves.) To paraphrase Elton John, my gift is my blog and this one's for you!
Now, whatever I may say later in life, the only gift I need from you is your happiness. I want you to take full advantage of the blessings we have been provided in our lives together and for you to be the fullest and best you that you can be! That's it! I think, at the heart of it, that's all any parent wants for their children...to have them smile and to know that he or she helped provide that smile. These days, you smile when I help you burp or fart but I know it won't always be so simple.
You are the best part of my world and that is the best gift I will ever know. Thank you for letting me be your Daddy!
S

1 comments:
Oh you lucky lovely Girl, you have the best daddy you can wish for and these days you are in total admiration of him and love his attention.
I am glad you get to read all of this later to remind you of these wonderful times.
Your Daddy and I are so in love with you and always will be.
Love
Your Mommy
Post a Comment