You are close to twenty-four weeks in development now. Mommy told me today that that means you could be born today and stand an 85% chance of living. I would be pretty excited if I got 85% on a Math test or something, but I think I'd like to shoot a bit higher when talking about you making it into the world.
Now, I hope you don't think I'm old-fashioned for this, but I'm still just more comfortable with the good old 99.9% that comes with a full-term pregnancy. Call me stodgy if you must, but I just like those three nines all in a row there...nice and close to "100." Those are the kind of numbers I'm looking for when discussing my baby's survival chances.
I know I have been painting a pretty rosy picture about life out here and that you may be in a hurry but, seriously, you won't ever get a sweeter deal than the one you have right now, so just stay the course and go the distance. I promise to let you use the stroller...sometimes.
Just so we're clear...85%: Good in math; a bit low for survival chances.
Good. Glad to get that off my chest.
Love, D
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment