Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hey, Baby...(Advice from your Dad)

Hey...baby. Listen up. It's time we got our act together and developed a game plan. I know you aren't even born yet, but let me tell you...it's no good to sit around waiting for things to happen. You have to be proactive, and that means having a plan.

Now, there are a lot of new dads out there who are writing blogs about their shift into fatherhood. This blog is going to be different. This blog isn't going to be about all those crazy feelings of insecurity and apprehension about the world I'm bringing you into. This blog is going to be a repository for important and time-saving bits of information (like how you can get another helping of ice cream when you want it and such.)

Now, chances are you will be just able to ask me when you need help or are unsure about how to do something (just WAIT until we get to shoelaces...whoa!), but this will be a place that I can commit the most important things I know you will want to pore over a few times.

Just so we know who's who and what's what, this is YOU right now:



You are awfully small right now, but you are getting bigger by the day. Pretty soon, you'll be out and about and, before long, you will be able to read all about the best playground toys, which objects you should avoid eating, and how to deliver a devastating kotegaeshi .

But most importantly, I want this blog to be evidence for you that, since the moment I knew you existed, I have loved you and am incredibly excited to be your Dad. I can't wait to know you and laugh with you and show you all the cool stuff there is to do out here.

Ok, that's it for now, but there is a lot more to come.

I love you.

S

0 comments:

Post a Comment