One of the first things that you are going to want to do is get into sleeping through the night. I am just putting this out there early because I know you will be inclined to wake up periodically through the night, but there really is nothing better than sawing a few logs. Right now, I am up WAY past my bedtime and, at 6 a.m., I am going to wish that I'd not watched that rerun of Mallrats tonight.
Since most of your early life will be spent in blissful slumber, we have been collecting quite a few helpful items to make sure you get some Z's. We've got this cool little plushy sheep that plays various lulling sounds for you. It's really soft and cute and, though I am embarrassed to admit it, very nice to sleep with.
We also have this really great crib that is comfy and spacious. Your Mommy thinks that you will be able to use this as a bed for your entire life...like even when you move out...but I won't mind if you think that's a bit creepy. I'll buy you another one later if you prefer not to sleep as an adult in the bed you used to shit.
The coolest sleep-aid of all is one that wouldn't expect: the stroller! This thing is like a sultan's Sedan chair! It's got shocks, adjustable everything, and huge rubber wheels for a ride that is like floating on air. I hate to break it to you, but if I figure out how to get surround sound into that thing, Mommy will have to carry you around a LOT `cause Daddy's usin' the stroller!
So fear not, little sleepyhead...we have you covered. Literally. We bought a bunch of blankets, too. Relax, put up your feet, and have a snooze.
Now I'm going to go catch some Z's of my own. I know you won't be sleeping through the night right away, so I'm gonna have to stock up!
Love,
Dad
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment