Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Simmer down in there!

So...I just felt you kick. This wouldn't be so remarkable if it hadn't been for the fact that you are still inside your mother. The coolest part was that you kicked more when you heard my voice as I spoke in silly voices from the other side of Mommy's tummy. I can tell you are smart as a whip already because when I told you that I loved you through the thin wall separating us, you kicked again. Of course, it could be because it's getting mighty small in there and you just needed to adjust. I understand. I hate cramped spaces myself.

I promise that soon we will have a bigger place for you to sleep. I think I told you about it in the first blog, though, so I won't spend too much time on it here. When you get a bit older, we will get you a bigger room where you can put up posters and stuff...just stay away from Justin Beiber. He's a real dork...and WAY too old for you.

Love, Dad.

7 comments:

Mister Wizard said...

Hi Scott,

You don't know who I am, but that's okay: Lonneke will be able to tell you. We went to Elementary School together. I just read your first three blogs in a row and must say I enjoyed them a lot. I'm a father of two boys myself, so I find it a bit hard to relate to the Justin Beiber comment. Still... my boys could be gay - it's still early, we'll see. In the meantime I try to keep them clear of the Hannah Montana. My oldest has a thing for Katy Perry, but he's only nine - it'll wear off.

Looking forward to your next post :-)

Scott Meunier said...

It might not wear off...Katy Perry spans generations. :) Nice to meet you!

Mister Wizard said...

I was afraid of that :-)

Keep trying to direct the boys towards my personal favorites though... Could be a lost cause of course. Know any 4 and 9 year olds that are into Nine Inch Nails, Beck or Tool?

Me neither...

Scott Meunier said...

I don't currently, but I know a little girl who will be (much to her mother's chagrin). I think with a bit of selective "product placement" and a karaoke session with "Loser," you can win them over to the right side of music.

Mister Wizard said...

My advice would be to go for music with dance-quality in the early years. Both my boys loved songs with a strong bass and drum sound.

My oldest was very into Queens of the Stone Age for a while and both my guys continue to love Drum & Bass music... If it's got a beat and they can dance to it, they're probably okay with it.

Unknown said...

hi scott, when you started this story telling-talking to my grandchild thing, I think it was on my birthday (in your place it was 9.dec)when the baby tried to get your attention by kicking you,here it was the tenth by then.
so thank you for this very nice present.
see you soon marjo.

Scott Meunier said...

Most Welcome and happy birthday, Marjo! I think that these are important coincidences indeed!

As for Mister Wizard...that is good advice! It makes sense that strong beats are popular since most of what a baby hears during its development is the beat of the Mommy's heart.

Post a Comment